This is to finish what we need to say about “Political Correctness.” If you did not, I urge you to read last week’s blog. I just have a few more things to say. Isaiah warned his people, …Woe to those who call evil good and good evil…(Isaiah 5:20) Paul warned the Romans…let God be true and every man a liar. (Romans 3:21) These two verses, taken together, remind us that God has set certain standards, and it does not matter how many refuse to honor His standard. If God has said it is evil and every person on Earth says it is good, it is still evil. Let us look at a few things this applies to:
- It used to be shameful to have a child out of wedlock; now more babies are born to single women than to married women.
- Divorce was a shameful thing no one bragged about; now being married several times is the norm.
- Abortion was a “backstreet” thing that no one admitted; now it is common and even celebrated.
- Homosexuality was a shameful thing that no one admitted to; now it is good and taught to our kids.
- Living together with out marriage was shameful; now it is common and accepted.
- Sex outside of marriage was shameful; now it is common and occurs even in primary grades.
- Alcoholism was hidden; now it is expected.
- Drug usage was shameful; now it is being legalized.
- Young women used to dress modestly; now, the more flesh showing, the better.
There are more, but you see what I mean, don’t you? When we were truly a “Christian nation,” we held to Christian principles as taught in the Bible. We no longer read the Bible, so we no longer know what the New Testament teaches, and therefore, we no longer follow those teachings.
It is no wonder that Christians are being accused of “hate crimes.” People who are involved in immoral actions do not want to be told they are wrong and that their actions are sinful. To cover the fact that they are sinning, they seek to discredit the source of all good; they seek to discredit God and His Word. Their evil and their desire to be justified causes them to attack that which condemns them. By going along with “Political Correctness,” Christians are helping to destroy the very principles they claim to espouse.
While we love all sinners, we must not love or approve of the sin itself. As Christians, we must be very careful not to follow a multitude to do evil (Exodus 23:2).
What say ye?